When the weather is this gloomy, impinging on my morale and mood, I long for certain things. Food comes to mind of course, but not just any food.
I want the consolation only chocolate chip cookies can bring, or the succor produced by an excellently done roast chicken baked with plenty of potatoes. Else, I want the solace only soup can supply. Forget the quotidian instant sopas and cream of pumpkin, it’s batchoy that best bodes bliss for me. I still daydream about the tremendous batchoy-of-my-life that I have at Restaurant 21 in Bacolod, but since it’s impossible to hie off there every time it rains in Manila, I’ll take whatever my beloved city can give me.
Now it’s your turn.
For the next 8 (thematic) weeks, I’m giving a prize of PHP 2,000 worth of Ayala eGC’s (that’s electronic gift certificate) that can be used at any Ayala Center mall store or establishment. Two G’s is quite a lot. That’s a luxurious meal for me (monstrous appetite here), or I can finally get myself the new Rose Levy Beranbaum cookbook that I’ve been eyeing.
In my last post, I introduced you to my OVI by Nokia account, where, starting today, I’ll be uploading at least one new picture per day to share with all of you. OVI is all about sharing my (your!) photos with friends, so I invite you to share a little bit of yourself through your photo(s).
- Create an OVI account and activate your OVI email address.
- Upload a photo into my OVI share folder (Yes, you can really drop a photo into my folder!) Just in case you’re prompted for a password to my folder, it’s “food”.
- For every photo you enter (yup, send multiple photos if you like!), please include your name, your OVI email address (email@example.com) and a short description about your photo.
1. This week’s contest is open from September 28, 2009 ”“ October 4, 2009.
2. Get your photo(s) in for this week’s theme by Sunday, Oct. 4, at 11:59 PM.
3. The prize for this week is P2,000.00 worth of Ayala Electronic Gift Check (as good as cash!)
4. You need to be a resident of the Philippines.
Announcement of the winner of DiscOVIries by Nokia Week 1 will be made on Tuesday, Oct. 6.
There’s a grand prize to be given at the end of the 8 weeks but I won’t tell you yet what it is. (wink!)
Kudos to OVI by Nokia for making this contest possible.