Chocolate chip cookies are a far second to my favorite cookie on earth.
Though I’ve devoted more posts on this website to chocolate chip cookies, I want to tell you why I love shortbread so. I’m enchanted with its purity, that it’s made from only sugar, butter, and flour. Thus, it demands exceptional ingredients and execution. Its simplicity lends itself as a canvas to myriad textures (crispy, soft, nubby) and flavors (butter, chocolate, liqueur), but I’m a purist. Just the freshest butter please, untouched by fuss.
It takes me a long time to realize what I want from my shortbread. I try numerous recipes and permutations. Later, I realize that I want a cookie that’s soft and powdery with crispy edges that beg to be nibbled. And oh, I prefer my shortbread baked in a scone-like round sliced into substantial wedges. When I feel like it, I pair my shortbread with some lemon curd (see photo). The citrus gently cuts through the cloy of the cookie.
So this week, share with me a photo of Your Favorite Cookie. It can be homemade or store-bought. Photos can be taken with any digital camera or camera phone. What matters is that you open an OVI account. If you’ve already got one, then this should be easy for you.
- Create an OVI account and activate your OVI email address.
- Upload a photo into my OVI share folder (Yes, you can really drop a photo into my folder!) Just in case you’re prompted for a password to my folder, it’s “food”.
- For every photo you enter (yup, send multiple photos if you like!), please include your name, your OVI email address (email@example.com) and a short description about your photo.
1. This week’s contest is open from Oct. 19-25, 2009.
2. Get your photo(s) in for this week’s theme by Sunday, Oct. 25, at 11:59 PM.
3. The prize for this week is P2,000.00 worth of Ayala Electronic Gift Check (as good as cash!)
4. You need to be a resident of the Philippines.
Announcement of the winner of DiscOVIries by Nokia Week 3 will be tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 20. There’s a grand prize to be given at the end of the 8 weeks — a brand new Nokia phone. Model to be announced later.
Kudos to OVI by Nokia for making this contest possible.