At the Party, some readers got a kick out of taking pictures of my shoes while others lifted me up — literally! — off the ground.
First, some last-minute funny photos that I want to share with you:
- As these two photos prove, event photographer Aldwin really wants that Hershey’s gift basket.
- What could K possibly be whispering to the people at the Delize booth? They seem absolutely intrigued.
- When I’m pigging out, the last thing I want to do is take a photo of myself. Apparently, Ian doesn’t have that problem. (wink!)
- Speaking of pigs, event photographer #2, Owee Salva, puckers up to her Mr. Piggy Bread.
Being lifted up … 3 times!
- It all started with Ian, who impulsively swooped me up…
- … followed by Nel and Garch, who weren’t about to be shown over…
- … and finally, Garch and Ouie decided to carry me using a “strategic” hands-crossed-over-arms maneuver. Ay-yay-yay!
Now, a word about those SHOES:
- See them shoes?
I’ve been told that my fashion style borders on edgy. True, I’m not what you could call a Polo shirt and pearls girl and I rarely wear black because I adore color. Also, as can now be gleaned, I love my accessories and I love my shoes. I get compliments on my shoes often but I’ve never — in my whole life — had people take pictures of them. The first time it happened at the party, I was talking to a guest when I noticed a girl not too far away surreptitiously pointing her camera at my shoes and snapping away. I’m not what you can call the shy type so I march up to her and ask, “Why on earth are you taking pictures of my shoes???” There were more succeedingly sneaky take-pictures-of-Lori’s-shoes photos by other people, but I smiled and let it slide. Some of the more candid guests came right out and jokingly demanded, “I want your shoes! Where did you get them?”
Where do I go from here?
- Dessert Comes First just turned 6. In blog years, that’s old.
Coming down from the high that was DCF’s 6th Anniversary Party, I turn inward and become pensive. I’m full of gratitude and love shown by everyone who came last Saturday to celebrate. What a milestone for me and my cyber baby, Dessert Comes First. THANK YOU again to you, my readers, whose support I cherish. As I mentioned at the party, keeping a blog going isn’t easy, especially when you’ve been doing it as long as I have. I wonder now just how much more time I have left. For now however, you can expect a hell of a lot more food porn from me.
From here on in, it’s onwards and upwards, DCF people. Dessert Comes first.