There aren’t enough thank yous in the world…
…to describe the eternal gratitude that I feel for the party that was Dessert Comes First’s 6th Anniversary Party. THANK YOU to all my bakers and sponsors, partners, family, friends, guests, and readers who came out to celebrate with me. What started out as a rainy day became a cool and slightly overcast day laden with sugar and charged with caffeine, a combination that worked its wonders on the buzzing crowd. It was an exceptional, sensational time.
Set-up began as early as 5am and the bakers came out in full force prepping their tables and transforming a basic space into an enticing treasure trove of treats.
- the huge photo wall that served as the backdrop
- Robert Francisco and the rest of the Boyds Coffee team, responsible for keeping everyone buzzed.
- A scoop of Selecta-Hershey’s ice cream greeted the guests
- The Fully Booked booth selling the cookbooks that I’ve reviewed on DCF
- Gina Lopez of Paisley Pastry and her team.
- mami and honey-cured BBQ pork siopao
- Ann Puno fixing up her Choc-nut cake display
- Jill Sandique of Delize and me
- Len and Carla Lo of Carla and Elaine’s
- A light-hearted moment with Gina Lopez before the party
- with the owner of Fully Booked, Jaime Daez
- Being interviewed by StarWorld
- Tina Raines fixing her pies
- Gail Ang of Simply Pie
- What could be better than bekon?
- Martina, Bern, and Roselyn of Kitchen’s Best
- Cristina Santiago-Rivera of Sweet Bella
- Julie Evangelista, a co-owner of Tres restaurant, who catered the lunch for the bakers
- (from uppermost left then right): ube-banana turon, lechon kawali, beef kare-kare, fideos (noodle paella), salted rice, pancit luglug
- with Robert Francisco of Boyds Coffee
- with Nel Cruz, my co-host and good friend
- Carlyn Sariño, Selecta Brand Manager
- Tracey Gonzales of Canon, a major sponsor of the party.
Jude Turcuato – Territory Director for the FOX International Channels
Mark Parlade, PR Director of Stratworks Marketing Communications
- Paeng Soon of Ma Chicken Mami House
- with Ricky Morelos of Dulcelin
- my favorite bakers in the world, though some of them are missing from this picture (L-R): Roselyn Tiangco, Tina Raines, Gail Ang, Len Lo, Karen Young, Ricky Morelos, Gina Lopez, and Ann Puno
- With OB Agustin, DCF’s webmaster. OB has been with me since the very beginning and he’s the reason why DCF looks so good. DCF would grind to a halt without him.