Here are some of my early favorites.
Approximately 48 hours left ‘til voting begins in the I Love DCF Contest! Thanks so much to those who’ve already sent in their entries; it’s been a thrill to open my inbox daily and see what new entries await me.
First, I’d like to clarify 2 things about the photo caption:
1. Your caption can be as long or as short as you want it to be.
2. And this is the most important of all: Your caption MUST answer why you love Dessert Comes First.
I’ve been receiving captions that answer why you love dessert – I know you do, otherwise you wouldn’t be here, but that’s not the question.
I want to know WHY YOU LOVE DESSERT COMES FIRST, this website.
So far, here are some of my favorite entries. Some of them made me laugh, some of them made my jaw drop, but all of them followed instructions to a T. I present them here as I received them, unedited and representative of the verve and creativity of their creators.
I love dessertcomesfirst.com because:
1. It reminds me that there are good things in life worth living for: friends, good food, and the resulting hilarious or insightful conversations.
2. DCF isn’t just a site about chowing down on sweets–it’s about choosing to make your life sweet–to take that moment and savor something delicious, even when you’ve had a bad or mediocre day.
3. Lori’s various adventures are an inspiration to break out of my comfort zone, and even if I’ve had a bad meal, there’s always dessert to look forward to.
I love DCF because it always reminds me that food is supposed to be enjoyed and celebrated uninhibitedly. Especially if it’s a really, really good dish or meal. In this case, my favorite snack.
Nothing beats a taste of Italy like Gelatissimo’s Coppa Bambino 32-flavor gelato! For any dessert lover, the very sight of gelato sets off an uncanny, instinctual response of hunger that can only be satisfied by savoring a tasty treat. No one truly understands this better than Dessert Comes First, who knows exactly why us Pinoys love desserts!
Don Eleazar Balboa
Because DCF gives me a good diabetes and makes my sugar level more sweet, and also if you are lonely, you will feel the warmth of love…
Sophie Miles Ng
(This girl wrote a multiple-stanza poem about why she loves DCF [!] You’ll get to read her poem in its entirety on Wednesday but for brevity’s sake, I present one stanza here):
Dessert Comes First (DCF).
This is something I live by 24/7!
Come on, try it, and you will see.
How your day changes into something irresistibly sweet!