Come hungry and come on time or else I’ll eat your share of the desserts.
After three months of intense work and preparation, the big day is finally here. Quite a few things have changed since I posted the invitation to my Anniversary Party last month. The number of food to be served by the Bakers has increased from 33 to 36, and there are now 15 Raffle Prizes instead of 11. Tremendous! Read the complete list below.
I’m also flattered and humbled with the reception this party has received. I’m still getting photo entries up to now (!) and overt hints for tickets almost everyday on my Twitter feed. Thank you for all the interest.
To my guests and friends and readers who are coming to my Anniversary Party on Saturday: THANK YOU in advance for taking the time to share in this momentous event. To my readers, especially: I’m so excited to meet you all! And I hope you’ll stay for the entire party. There’s so much food and almost too many prizes to give away.
On Saturday, Fully Booked’s house elevator will only serve access up to the 4th floor, so guests will have to climb up one flight of stairs to Top Shelf on the 5th floor. We’ve taken this measure for security reasons and also to ensure that guests go through Registration which begins at 1pm. Please bring an ID, photo ID preferred, just in case.
The party will have two waves of eating and a raffle. In between, mix and mingle and consider a beverage of choice. Boyds Coffee, one of my major sponsors, will be offering a complete line of specialty coffee drinks from espresso to latte. Or deliberate from the Starbucks’ line of coffee: brewed and VIA. And yes, bottled water for everyone.
Make sure you come to the party ready to have your picture taken. Canon is providing a photobooth where guests can have their pictures shot and then printed immediately on their SELPHY compact photo-printer; think of it as your souvenir of the event. Very cool.
And if you’d like to take a breather from all the eating (but why? Wink!) peruse the Appetime watches on display. They’ll all be on sale at a 30% discount just for my party. Then mosey on over to the Fully Booked booth where they’ll be selling the cookbooks that I’ve reviewed on this website.
So, are you ready to celebrate with me? What a party this will be!
My Bakers and their 33 36 Dishes And Desserts
(new additions are in red)
- Jill Sandique of Dèlize: 2 types of sansrival: Pistachio And Pili, 3 cookies: Jam Thumbprints, Sesame Spice Cookies, Chocolate Chubbies
- Ann Puno of Ann’s Kitchen: Choc-Nut Cupcakes, Double Chocolate Choc-Nut Cupcakes
- Karen Young of Karen’s Kitchen: Sticky Toffee Pudding, Craisin Bread, Chicken Cotton Wheat Bread
- Cristina Santiago-Rivera of Sweet Bella Desserts: Trio Mousse, Adriana, Caribbean, Banoffee , Strawberry Charlotte
- Roselyn Tiangco of Kitchen’s Best: Mango Sansrival, White Chocolate-Macadamia Brittle Cheesecake, Plaisir Sucré, Purple Yam Cake
- Gina Lopez of Paisley Pastry: Carrot Cake Cupcakes, Cruffles (a cross between crinkle and truffle), and “Bekon.”
- Len Lo of Carla & Elaine’s: Almond Toffee Cupcakes, Peppermint Brownies, Chocolate Pound Cake
- Tina Raines of Tina’s Pie Outlet – 4 savory pies: Salmon & Prawns, Cheese Steak, Beef & San Miguel Light, Callos
- Gail Ang of Simply Pie – 2 mini quiches: Spinach, Feta & Sun-Dried Tomato, Mushroom and Sour Cream
- Ricky Morelos of Dulcelin: Pork buns with Kurabota Pork cooked sous-vide humba-style, Red Rice with Lettuce & Shrimp, Mango Torte
- Paeng Soon of Ma Chicken Mami House: Special Mami & Honey-BBQ Siopao
These raffle prizes include some of the most desired and most-talked about food and restaurants that I’ve featured on Dessert Comes First.
The 11 15 Raffle Prizes
(new additions are in red)
- Bone Marrow Burger Lunch for 2 at Elbert’s Steak Room
- Degustation Meal for 2 and Kouing-Aman for dessert at Ciçou
- Meal for 2 at any restaurant of Chef Ed Bugia (Pino, Pipino, BRGR:The Burger Project)
- ”The President” Meal for 2 at Myron’s. (The President is Myron’s take on an incredible Peter Luger-style steak, 500 grams of Certified Angus Beef served in its juices).
- Meal for 4 at the Mandarin Oriental’s Paseo Uno
- Dinner Buffet for 4 at the Peninsula Manila’s Escolta restaurant
- Overnight Weekend Stay for 2 in a Superior Room at the Peninsula Manila + Buffet Breakfast at Escolta
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Watch from the appetime PIPS Fruits Collection Watch
- 3 of my favorite food photos blown-up and framed
- Canon Powershot A2200
- 2 Hershey’s Gift Baskets
- Gift Pack from The Vanilla Company