This is one contest I wish I could join.
My favorite Royce’ (yes, don’t forget that apostrophe!) chocolate is a little-known chocolate-nut disc called Kurumaro. You can see it in the photo above on the upper left, and more closely on the right in the photo below; the chocolate’s cross-section of nuts is always a textural surprise. I also have a personal affection for the Potechi (poh-TETCH-ee), an edible reverie of crushed potato chips with cornflakes and milk chocolate (in photo, bottom center in both photos), another interpretation of the PotatoChip Chocolate, which is wildly popular with Filipinos.
As part of Royce’ Chocolates’ second anniversary in Manila, I’m giving away 3 Royce’ Gift Packs Worth P2,000 each. On the anniversary day itself, December 6, 2010, ALL revenue generated at all Royce’ stores will be donated to the Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity in Tondo.
Here are the contest mechanics:
Because every Christmas involves chocolate, tell me:
What is your favorite holiday memory involving chocolate?
It doesn’t have to be a Royce’ chocolate memory, although those are certainly most welcome. My chocolate holiday memory is homemade tsokolate frothed up with a hand blender just because I’m useless with a batidor. I then dunk chunks of toasted ensaymada, the edges made crispy with hardened, heated queso de bola, into the tsokolate and I eat this repast sitting beside my Christmas tree.
Simple, isn’t it? And unforgettable.
1. Recount your chocolate holiday memory in the Comment form of this post. Please be as specific as you can, as opposed to just writing: Almond chocolate bar shared with boyfriend under mistletoe. Not quite as moving, yes?
2. You can enter as many memories as you want but only ONE memory per comment form, please. Fill out another new comment form for each memory.
3. Please fill out the Comment form fully – include your email and mobile # (both of which will not be shown publicly but which I’ll need for communication purposes).
4. If you have questions about the contest, please stick them in the Comments section too; other people may be wondering the same thing.
5. Only those who live in the Philippines are eligible to join. Contest runs from today, December 1, 2010 until December 6, 2010 at 9:00 am. Winners will be announced on this website on December 7, 2010.
6. Winners will be emailed privately to inform them of their win. Royce’ Chocolate gift packs must be claimed at the Royce’ Rockwell branch between December 10-12, 2010. More details to be included in email to winners.