Dessert comes first is proud to be teaming up with premier bookstore Fully Booked to bring cookbook lovers in Manila the first ever
Operating on the principle that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure, this is a chance to trade in some of your cookbooks for other cookbooks you’d prefer. The swap will be held on March 4, 2006 at Fully Booked (specific branch to be announced later).
Here’s how the swap works:
1. Interested participants must fill out a registration form available at the Customer Service counter in any Fully Booked store. Titles of the books to be traded in must be indicated in the form, as this will also be the number of books participants will be eligible to get from the cookbook swap. (Example: donate 3 books, get 3 books.)
2. Online registration is available via this website. Simply print it out and submit the completed form to any Customer Service counter at Fully Booked together with the books to be swapped. Attendance to the event will only be confirmed upon the deposit of the books and makes the participant eligible to choose from the online list.
3. Dessert comes first will maintain a running tally online that will be updated daily as to which books have been donated for the swap.
4. Participants must email me to indicate their choice of cookbooks, and this will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
5. The running tally will then indicate which books have already been swapped.
6. Participants will be notified by email 3 days before the event which book(s) they will be receiving.
More details to be announced as the event draws closer. For inquiries, email me or call Customer Service at any Fully Booked branch. The Cookbook Swap event will also feature a cookbook raffle, special discounts for event participants only, and a raffle of 5 of my favorite food shots, blown up and mounted.
See you there! By the way, the photo of this post shows the 9 cookbooks that I’m donating to the swap. The titles have already been included in the running tally located on this website’s right hand side margin.
Fully Booked Gateway Mall
Gateway Mall, 2nd Level
Quezon City, MM
Fully Booked Promenade
Greenhills Commercial Center,
San Juan, M.M.
Read: Cookbook Swap Round-up